WSET Level 1 Spirits
This is a great introductory course for those looking to pursue a career in the drinks business or for the spirits enthusiast who would like to learn more in a structured way. There are no pre-requisites to take this course. WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
No previous experience of Spirit Tasting is necessary to register on this course
- Spirit tasting: Tasting and describe spirits using the WSET L1 systematic approach to spirit tasting
- Spirit Service: Learn the different serves for spirits and what types of spirits are suited to each serve
- Spirit marketing: Learn common ideas in the marketing of spirits
- Spirit production: Learn what spirits are made from and how they are made
- Categories and styles of spirit: Learn about the main categories and different styles within each category. Including: Vodka, Rum, Tequila, Whisky, Gin, Cognac, Liqueurs
- Number of spirits tasted: 9+ spirits will be tasted as part of the course
- Social responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Duration of course: 1 day including examination
- Examination: Multiple choice paper of 30 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will receive a certificate suitable for framing and label pin.
The course fee of £160 includes
- Course study guide
- 9+ spirits to taste
- Full day of tutor-led activities
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified Tutor
- Exam & all related examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass
VAT Receipt: Available on request- simply email us after your purchase.
Venue: The Wellington,2nd Floor, Birmingham, B2 5SN. Please note, you will need to climb 2 flights of stairs.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sun 12th Jan 2020 at 10:30am
Duration: 1 day
Venue: The Wellington, Bennetts Hill, Birmingham B2 5SN