WSET Level 1 Evenings Solihull
BRAND NEW Evening classes WSET Level 1 course. Two evenings: Wed 8th & 9th May. Solihull.
Start time 6pm to 9pm.
The WSET Level 1 Certificate is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to - wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching and also provides the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines : White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : 12 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the WSET Level 1 Certificate Study Guide
- Duration of course : Two evenings - inclusive of examination
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
12 wines will be tasted as part of the course, all students receive a WSET Level 1 Certificate Study Guide. Course Duration - 2 evenings inclusive of examination (30 multiple choice questions).
The Fee of £150 includes
- study book
- 12 wines
- food & wine matching
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- examination fees
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate
PLEASE NOTE: The venue for this course is Frazier's Wine Merchants, 2 Stirling Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4NE
Two evenings: Wed 8th & 9th May.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 8th May 2019 at 6pm to 9pm
Duration: 2 evenings
Venue: Frazier's, 2 Stirling Rd, B90 4NE