Online - WSET Level 1 wine
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine is the ideal starting point for the novice wine enthusiast, or anyone starting a career in wine or hospitality. WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
This course is delivered online in one week in two 2.5 hour sessions. Regular internet access and participation is essential.
The Level 1 Award in Wines Online covers the same syllabus as the classroom course, but through a supported Online Classroom which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated WSET qualified educator, Rob Price.
Please note that the exam is completed in person and not online. The course includes an attended examination at any Birmingham Wine School WSET sessions.
What’s Covered on the Course:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- Online tasting of six wines with educator feedback (students to provide their own samples)
- How to store and serve wine
No prior knowledge is required. The course is delivered online and in English, therefore basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
13th May 2020 at 5pm: Registration Deadline
- Mon 18th May, 3pm – 5:30pm: 1st LIVE virtual classroom session
- Tues 19th May, 3pm – 5:30pm: 2nd LIVE virtual classroom session
- Exam: To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass an IN-PERSON exam that is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
- The course will have 2 LIVE virtual taught lessons with Rob Price. These lesson times are reflected above in the course schedule.
- Rob will additionally provide online help to assist with any extra help that is needed.
- Students will need to select a date to attend the course exam in-person at Birmingham Wine School.
The Course Fee of £115 Includes:
- Course study guide (posted to students)
- Access to LIVE virtual taught lessons taught by Rob Price, a WSET Certified Tutor
- Professional WSET tuition
- Exam & all related examination fees
- Internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the in-person exam
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the listed course fee.
You need six wines for this course, which are avialable from Frazier's Wine Merchants for £46.90. Click here.
VAT Receipt available on request - simply email us after your purchase.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Mon 18th May 2020 at 3pm
Duration: 2.5 hrs x 2 & exam