WSET Level 1 Wine Birmingham
The WSET Level 1 certificate in Wine is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to - wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching and also provides the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines : White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : Minimum 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the WSET Level 1 Study Guide
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Modes of Study : Day Release
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
9 + wines will be tasted as part of the course, all students receive a Foundation Certificate Study Guide. Course Duration - 1 day inclusive of examination (30 multiple choice questions).
The Fee of £150 includes
- study book
- 9+ wines
- food & wine matching
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- examination fees
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate
Please note this course is in a private room on the second floor of The Wellington, where two flights of stairs need to be climbed.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th May 2020 at 10:30am -5:30pm
Duration: 7 hours
Venue: The Wellington,2nd Floor, Birmingham, B2 5SN