Cafe Rouge Bullring French wine tasting
FRENCH WINE TASTING with 'PETITS PLATS' - 6 wines paired with 7 dishes - 7pm to 8.30pm - £27.50 @ Cafe Rouge Bullring, Birmingham
Your evening starts at 7pm with a tutored tasting of 6 delicious French wines - each one carefully selected by your local wine school to illustrate the amazing range of tastes & flavours that good French wines can offer. We will show you how good these wines can taste when matched with the right food. You will taste a range of 6 excellent French wines (Picpoul, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Bordeaux, & Cotes du Rhone) with a selection of 'petit plats' (little dishes of - olives, feta cheese with red peppers, artichoke tapenade, houmous/flatbread, duck & smoked chicken pate, saucisson, cured pork loin, & spicy Merguez sausage). You will discover the different grape varieties & wine regions of France, & learn how to taste wine like a professional! You will also be presented with a 'pocket guide to French wines' to take away with you.
- Picpoul de Pinet (Languedoc) - Fresh, grassy, green apple with a citrus zest.
- Chenin Blanc (Loire) - Med dry with apple & honeyed citrus notes.
- Pinot Gris (Alsace) - Soft, rich, lush with honeyed apricot fruit.
- Pinot Noir (Burgundy) - Elegantly aromatic wild strawberries & raspberries.
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (Bordeaux) - Blackberry fruit refined by a classic tannic structure.
- Syrah/Grenache (Rhone) - Spicy, baked red fruits, big & full-bodied.
The Venue for these evenings is - Cafe Rouge, Bull Ring, Upper Mail West, B5 4BG
Places Available: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 20th Mar 2013 at 7pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Venue: Cafe Rouge - Bull Ring