Cafe Rouge French wine tasting WITH dinner
Cafe Rouge Central Milton Keynes French Wine Tasting WITH any Main Course Meal
FRENCH WINE TASTING with 'PETITS PLATS' - 6 wines paired with 7 dishes - 7pm to 8.30pm @ Cafe Rouge Central Milton Keynes
PLUS your choice of any Main Course meal from the Cafe Rouge Menu - Total Price only £39.00
This evening includes:
- Tutored tasting of 6 delicious French wines (Picpoul, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Bordeaux, & Cotes du Rhone)
- Selection of 7 little dishes - olives, feta cheese with red peppers, artichoke tapenade, houmous/flatbread, duck & smoked chicken pate, saucisson, cured pork loin, & spicy Merguez sausage
- Food & Wine matchings - with tastings
- A 'pocket guide to French wines'
- How to taste wine like a professional
- Your choice of any main course meal after the wine tasting event - choose from
- Steak Rouge 250g (normally £16.75) - signature 28 day aged prime rib-eye steak off the bone marinated in rosemary & garlic served with French fries and melted garlic beurre maison
- Pavé 225g (normally £15.75) - 28 day matured prime single muscle rump steak served with French fries and melted garlic beurre maison
- Boeuf Bourguignon (normally £13.95) - classic beef stew with onions, mushrooms and bacon braised in red wine, served with French beans and creamy dauphinoise potatoes topped with Gruyère cheese
- Confit de Canard (normally £13.95) - crispy duck confit with a plum sauce, French beans and creamy dauphinoise potatoes topped with Gruyère cheese
- Coq au Vin (normally £12.50) - classic chicken & red wine stew with smoked bacon lardons, button onions and mushrooms served with a buttery herb mash
- Pavé d’Agneau (normally £14.25) - pan-roasted rump of lamb served with leek & potato mash with French beans and a thyme jus
- Moules Marinières (normally £12.95) - mussels steamed with garlic, shallots, white wine and cream, served with French fries
- Bouillabaisse (normally £13.95) - a classic fish stew of mussels, delicate red mullet and dory fillets in a tomato & vegetable broth, flavoured with saffron & pastis served with rouille, Gruyère cheese and French bread
- Sole Limande (normally £14.25) - whole lemon sole pan-fried with caramelised lemon butter, served with new potatoes, courgettes and carrots.
- Gratin d'Aubergine - Layers of grilled aubergine baked with cheese and a rich tomato sauce, topped with melted brie and served with a herb & toasted seed salad dressed in a light vinaigrette plus other vegetarian options.
The Venue for these evenings is - Cafe Rouge, Queens Court, MK9 3ES. Located in the shopping district.
Places Available: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 6th Feb 2013 at 7pm
Duration: 1.5 hours + dinner
Venue: Cafe Rouge - MK Central