Intro to wine with lunch & Champagne
SORRY FULL... 11am to 4pm with 2 course lunch and Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey that sees us taste 12 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary - Relax and sip back our delicious wines!
· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Places Available: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 19th Oct 2013 at 11:00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Old Joint Stock