WSET Level 2 - Evenings Solihull
Brand New. WSET Evening course. Solihull. Over 6 evenings. Wed-Thurs evenings 22nd/23rd May. 29th/30th May and 5th/6th June. 6pm to 9pm
The WSET Level 2 wine and spirit course is suitable for anybody who has a serious interest in wine, and wishes to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. Over 30 wines will be tasted as part of the course. Students will receive a course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world - illustrated with detailed maps & label explanations), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to Level 3.
- Wine Tasting :Taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wines
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Labelling :Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Factors influencing the Style of Wine : Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international and regionally important grape varieties
- Key White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
Other white varieties: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrontés, Trebbiano and Verdicchio
- Key Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
Other red varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and Zinfandel
- Key Wine-Producing regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Number of Wines Tasted: 30+ wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive an Intermediate course study pack, consisting of the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world - illustrated with detailed maps & label explanations), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
- Duration of course : 16 hours (6 three-hour evening sessions or 3 full days ) plus 1 hour examination
- Recommended Private Study : 12 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done in preparation for the course.
- Modes of Study : Two evenings a week for three weeks
- Examination : 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
Our Level 2 wine and spirit course will run over 6 evenings. Wed-Thurs evenings 22nd/23rd May. 29th/30th May and 5th/6th June. 6pm to 9pm (12 hours additional private study is also recommended for this course). The Examination is 50 multiple choice questions, and lasts 1 hour.
The Fee of £390.00 includes
- course pack,
- study guide
- Over 30 wines including Champagne & Ports
- 6 evenings of professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- examination fees / internationally-recognised certificate
PLEASE NOTE: The venue for this course is Frazier's Wine Merchants, 2 Stirling Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4NE
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Wed 22nd May 2019 at 6pm to 9pm
Duration: 6 evenings over 3 we
Venue: Frazier's, 2 Stirling Rd, B90 4NE