WSET Level 3 Wine - Birmingham
WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 3 in Wines Course? Click here to view the full Level 3 Course Specification (with Example Questions)
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 10.30am and finishing at 5:30pm with 45 minutes for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 6 weeks. The final exam day is 10:30am - 2pm
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
- Day 1.Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- Day 2. Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- Day 3. Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- Day 4. Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- Day 5. Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- Day 6. Exam Session
Course tutor: Rob Price
This course is over 5 full days, (Plus exam day).
Tuesdays 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th October, 5th Nov. Plus... THE EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE ON THURSDAY 7th NOV AT 10:30am.
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS IN A PRIVATE ROOM ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF THE WELLINGTON, AND STAIRS NEED TO BE CLIMBED.
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Tue 8th Oct 2019 at 10:30am -5:30pm
Duration: 1 day/wk over 6 week
Venue: The Wellington, 2nd Floor, Birmingham, B2 5SN