8 week World Tour wine courses
The 8 week world tour course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine where we sample wines from all the major wine countries in the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not have to do the eight weeks in one go, and no previous experience is needed. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Over 60 wines will be tasted.
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £4.99 to over £25.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
This very popular World tour may also be purchased as a great gift idea for any occasion! A Birmingham Wine School Gift Voucher. Buy the £105 gift voucher or the 8 week World tour gift voucher.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our BWS courses and tastings.
COURSE PROGRAMME (8 weeks):
1. France: Rhone, Burgundy, Loire, South, Alsace: + tasting skills, aroma tests
2. Spain & Portugal: + the importance of climate & weather
3. Bordeaux: + how to serve wine - temperature & decanting
4. Italy: The regions + food and wine matching
5. Chile & Argentina; + how wine is made
6. Australia & New Zealand: + how to store wine & understand wine labels
7. South Africa & USA: + common wine faults
8. Champagne, Sparkling & English wines:+ blending supermarket v independents
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the eight evenings you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, course notes and a tasting of food are all provided. Taste over 60 wines.
Please note: There is an additional £10 fee per evening to cover the cost of the wines and food.
Fantastic value at just £105. Come and enjoy learning about wine in a fun informal setting. No better way to spend an autumn evening, tasting delicious wines with a sampling of food.
Places remaining: 12